PS4 Game Update: August 30

Add a Reply
LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Reactions: 560Community admin

PS4 servers will be coming offline at the below times for each region for an estimated 2 hour maintenance to bring you the new Guardian Crate, gameplay updates, and bug fixes.

Guardian Crate

Get suited for battle with the items from the NEW Guardian Crate, now available from the "Buy Crates" menu in-game! Whether you want to be pretty in punk, go for gold, or grab the first ever SOCOM or RPG skins, this Crate has you covered.

Shotties & Snipers - New Challenge!

Shotties & Snipers returns for its second weekend in Arcade Mode with an updated Challenge to help you rank up your Battle Pass. Get 5 kills with any weapon in Shotties & Snipers this weekend to earn 10 Battle Pass Medals!

To play Shotties & Snipers, select the "Arcade" option from the Play menu. Shotties & Snipers will be available at the below times in each region:

• NA Shotties & Snipers:
    • 10AM PDT on Friday, August 31 through 10AM PDT on Monday, September 3
  • EU Shotties & Snipers:
    • 10AM CEST on Friday, August 31 through 10AM CEST on Monday, September 3

Gameplay Updates

• Added another toxic gas phase that will force the final few players more aggressively. This was due to some final gas rings, particularly in cities, creating scenarios where the last two or three players would not engage with each other.
  • Unclaimed ARVs are now highlighted in the world via a red beam.
  • Vehicles that are on fire now have reduced acceleration and maximum speed.
  • Increased vehicle exit sound effects so that nearby players are better alerted to the exiting player.
  • Increased the number of rockets that spawn in with an RPG to 3 (was previously 2).
  • Characters in the front end now preview the last set of previewed skins rather than a random assortment of selected skins.
  • Players can now select "None" for Hat, Hands, Face, and Eyes slots, rather than having to select a specific skin.
  • Arcade: Winners of games now receive a Victory Crate, like when winning a normal match.
  • Arcade: Removed all vehicles except ATVs from Shotties & Snipers.

Bug Fixes

• With Toggle ADS on, players are now correctly brought out of aim down sights after shooting the M40.
  • Cleaned up bolt-action reload animations for the M40 to look more natural.
  • Turning while knocked down now looks more natural.
  • After ending a game in a downed state, markers for downed players no longer incorrectly show on the map and mini-map in the following game.
  • Rotating while in a passenger seat of a vehicle no longer causes vehicle engine sound effects to play.
  • Vehicle HUD lights now blink at a more appropriate rate when the vehicle is on fire.
  • Flashbangs no longer occasionally fail to play their visual effect when detonating.
  • Fixed numerous minor issues in various main menu UI screens.
MechAArmAJapetchuAimBotisFunFennellLadSqueaky_Pgamekiller305ChristianH96ns213Fredswar1

Comments

• ChristianH96ChristianH96 Reactions: 30Member
    Please optimize for a smoother experience! I have ps4 Pro and still feel the wrath of frame rate drops in solo's, duo's, and 5's. Thanks DB!
    gbodagamer823simplyDIE
  • AimBotisFunAimBotisFun Reactions: 68Member ✭✭
    Players can now select "None" for Hat, Hands, Face, and Eyes slots, rather than having to select a specific skin.

i teared up a little when i read this, thank you so much it really is the little things in life that makes a big difference, take my money for those new crates you deserve it.
    MechAArmAns213simplyDIE
  • Squeaky_PSqueaky_P Reactions: 35Member
    Thanks for the update! This is really great!
  • SkillsThatKillSkillsThatKill Reactions: 2Member
    Is it still possible to get the starter guerilla warfare bundle ? I just seen it on the ps store 4 days ago its the only bundle i need to collect i go all of them so far . I dint see no deadline date on the store or h1z1.com ? 
  • GalaxyBearzzGalaxyBearzz Reactions: 149Member ✭✭✭
    I believe that this update has some good features however I still think more focus needs to come off the crates and more on the core of the game and a ranking system to keep players playing. 
    stalker4hire
  • BigPete3281BigPete3281 Reactions: 73Member ✭✭
    As a very VERY dedicated player for this game (the ONLY game I now play and I play anywhere from 2-7 hours a day) that has also "donated" over $120 so far not because I am obsessed with skins but because I believe in funding things you enjoy and want to succeed...I really hope I'm heard here Haha.

I've played fives more than 90% of the players on ps4. The gas at the end needed to stop at a wider distance entirely, not speed up! I've NEVER had an issue being forced to engage at the end. It's too small and too forced. You guys went the wrong direction on this update. I am very calculated but I certainly don't wait around on a fight and I play with around 40-50 different people I've connected with since I downloaded this game when beta launched, so it isn't like I don't have a large sample of different styles of play. I honestly can't put my head around what feedback you could have gotten as to think this was the way to go regarding gas not to mention various other things that are holding the game back as far as rewarding smart play, team tactics and strategy and of course SURVIVING.

Surviving should be earned by a combination of being a calculated killer, knowing when to run and when to fight, your ability to efficiently scavenge as an individual or as a team and decipher strategy based on where the match is ending. When done right and with the right amount of time and based on the weapons and vehicles you and your team have managed to accumulate over the first 10-15 or 20 minutes of the match you can really go many many ways.

-Try to find a spot to fortify in the circle and hope the final ring comes to you if it seems to be ending in the city or houses. 

-Hover around the outskirts and slowly move in as a unit with the gas closing in as the yellow crates drop because you have high powered long range weapons like an M40 or RPG or crossbows 

-Attempt to find stragglers and overwhelm them as a group so you can steal some better guns you weren't able to find earlier.

-You lost most or all of your team early so you just RUN AND HIDE and pick your moment hopefully as 2 biggest teams battle it out. 

-In an open space drive around with an ARV and open fire on everyone at the end cause your team managed to find an LMG and maybe an RPG to really do some damage. 

Anyway, plenty of scenarios and I've been in them all...but it's always rushed cause you guys seem to want to rush people thru a match and bunch us all together for some reason so we can experience the lag of having too many players in the same area. WHY?? 

Furthermore, as you take away the M40 and as these run n gun groups continue to drive around as fives with nothing but you're far too plentiful shotguns I've noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of players still in the game well past yellow drops. Last night on 5 different occasions there were still 45-60 players left well AFTER the gold crate. It isn't because your gas isn't moving fast enough, it's because people are getting used to the idea that everything moves to fast to and there is no point to try and slow down and snipe because by the time you even get a good sniper rifle the map is too small to render it useful. You're getting the call of duty types just driving around with shotguns cause we can no longer counter them. 

Why is a survival game being rushed? I've never once heard anyone complain about the game being too long. 

You want the game to grow in popularity? Give people the opportunity to tell their friends some great stories like the time in fives we were down to just me and 1 other teammate with 74 guys left and I never had more than an AR, hellfire and riot shotgun and we ended up winning. Epic battles and over coming great odds and super long sniper shots get shared and create buzz. How many times can you share the same story about how you and 4 friends drove their car behind 10 different guys and just bounced around wiping them out with combat shorties? Nothing sexy about that. 

Here's how you make this game way better for the player and honestly make it run or at least appear to run smoother for your own sake. 

Weapons:
    Less shotguns. Way less. An entire team should not be running with combat and riot shotguns. This isn't team deathmatch or most kills wins so stop catering to them. Your team doesn't need to nerf them, just minimize them. Less work for you and people can't really complain about that. 

Put the m40 back in purple crates! People need these when the map is still big. Maybe only 3 or 4 in purple drops, you can still have socom in most of them but put the best gun back out there when people can really do damage with it. And 1 shot 1 kill head shot should mean just that. No revive. AT THE VERY LEAST no revive if it is 1 shot head shot with OUT tactical helmet. Dropping 3 guys in a row with head shot only to then need hit them 2 or 3 more times in their body before they crawl over a hill to get to their buddy to heal them makes absolutely no sense. And I've had that happen twice. 

Either add a new crate drop between purple and yellow or increase the weapons in green crates to 3, purple to 3 and yellow to 2 for fives matches. The yellow crates are just a **** shoot now. To only have 1 gun and it can be either LMG, RPG or M40 doesn't justify the risk for surviving. 

Green crates 
    Riot shotgun 
    AK
    Scout
    Crossbow
    (At least 1 RPG)

Purple 
    Combat shotgun 
    Marauder
    M40
    Socom
    KH (regular magazine)
    (At least 1 RPG)

Gold
    LMG
    KH (increased magazine)
    RPG
    (At least 1 M40)

Ground loot riot shotgun (far less) AR (more than shotgun), hellfire

Fast gas at first, but stronger at first too! Nobody should be able to sit in the gas more than 2 minutes whether it's the end of the game or the very beginning. The gas should be a tad weaker at the end but much stronger in the beginning. Encourage people to move in closer to each other while the map is still big so you can have more fire exchange and battles but between 2 or 3 teams but all farther away from each other to keep the game running smooth. If a bunch of idiots die in the gas early, well less dumb people lagging the game unnecessarily later. 

The gas should slow way down at 1 mile radius and almost completely stop at 200 yard radius. Larger radius should help disguise a lot of the fps drops. M40 being available to the people who actually use it will eliminate many people and more RPGs can decrease vehicle traffic. The gas needs to kill people in the beginning but those who survive until the end with all that fire power out there should be rewarded with the ability to actually fight to win. The way it is, the gas is just constantly going fast and just keeps going fast until the very end and puts you in a tiny circle where the game is almost saying "I don't care what you've done to get here and survive but I'm bored of you and want you out now" lol not very rewarding at times it just comes down to who has the most med kits...of all things.

Flashbang should last much longer and players shouldn't be able to carry more than 1 or maybe 2 EMPs. If you can't throw it well enough, you shouldn't get 3 more chances. 

Anyway, I'm off work today and I'm bored so just thought I'd give my input. Please see it lmao 
    stalker4hire
  • BigPete3281BigPete3281 Reactions: 73Member ✭✭
    As a very VERY dedicated player for this game (the ONLY game I now play and I play anywhere from 2-7 hours a day) that has also "donated" over $120 so far not because I am obsessed with skins but because I believe in funding things you enjoy and want to succeed...I really hope I'm heard here Haha.

I've played fives more than 90% of the players on ps4. The gas at the end needed to stop at a wider distance entirely, not speed up! I've NEVER had an issue being forced to engage at the end. It's too small and too forced. You guys went the wrong direction on this update. I am very calculated but I certainly don't wait around on a fight and I play with around 40-50 different people I've connected with since I downloaded this game when beta launched, so it isn't like I don't have a large sample of different styles of play. I honestly can't put my head around what feedback you could have gotten as to think this was the way to go regarding gas not to mention various other things that are holding the game back as far as rewarding smart play, team tactics and strategy and of course SURVIVING.

Surviving should be earned by a combination of being a calculated killer, knowing when to run and when to fight, your ability to efficiently scavenge as an individual or as a team and decipher strategy based on where the match is ending. When done right and with the right amount of time and based on the weapons and vehicles you and your team have managed to accumulate over the first 10-15 or 20 minutes of the match you can really go many many ways.

-Try to find a spot to fortify in the circle and hope the final ring comes to you if it seems to be ending in the city or houses. 

-Hover around the outskirts and slowly move in as a unit with the gas closing in as the yellow crates drop because you have high powered long range weapons like an M40 or RPG or crossbows 

-Attempt to find stragglers and overwhelm them as a group so you can steal some better guns you weren't able to find earlier.

-You lost most or all of your team early so you just RUN AND HIDE and pick your moment hopefully as 2 biggest teams battle it out. 

-In an open space drive around with an ARV and open fire on everyone at the end cause your team managed to find an LMG and maybe an RPG to really do some damage. 

Anyway, plenty of scenarios and I've been in them all...but it's always rushed cause you guys seem to want to rush people thru a match and bunch us all together for some reason so we can experience the lag of having too many players in the same area. WHY?? 

Furthermore, as you take away the M40 and as these run n gun groups continue to drive around as fives with nothing but you're far too plentiful shotguns I've noticed a dramatic increase in the amount of players still in the game well past yellow drops. Last night on 5 different occasions there were still 45-60 players left well AFTER the gold crate. It isn't because your gas isn't moving fast enough, it's because people are getting used to the idea that everything moves to fast to and there is no point to try and slow down and snipe because by the time you even get a good sniper rifle the map is too small to render it useful. You're getting the call of duty types just driving around with shotguns cause we can no longer counter them. 

Why is a survival game being rushed? I've never once heard anyone complain about the game being too long. 

You want the game to grow in popularity? Give people the opportunity to tell their friends some great stories like the time in fives we were down to just me and 1 other teammate with 74 guys left and I never had more than an AR, hellfire and riot shotgun and we ended up winning. Epic battles and over coming great odds and super long sniper shots get shared and create buzz. How many times can you share the same story about how you and 4 friends drove their car behind 10 different guys and just bounced around wiping them out with combat shorties? Nothing sexy about that. 

Here's how you make this game way better for the player and honestly make it run or at least appear to run smoother for your own sake. 

Weapons:
    Less shotguns. Way less. An entire team should not be running with combat and riot shotguns. This isn't team deathmatch or most kills wins so stop catering to them. Your team doesn't need to nerf them, just minimize them. Less work for you and people can't really complain about that. 

Put the m40 back in purple crates! People need these when the map is still big. Maybe only 3 or 4 in purple drops, you can still have socom in most of them but put the best gun back out there when people can really do damage with it. And 1 shot 1 kill head shot should mean just that. No revive. AT THE VERY LEAST no revive if it is 1 shot head shot with OUT tactical helmet. Dropping 3 guys in a row with head shot only to then need hit them 2 or 3 more times in their body before they crawl over a hill to get to their buddy to heal them makes absolutely no sense. And I've had that happen twice. 

Either add a new crate drop between purple and yellow or increase the weapons in green crates to 3, purple to 3 and yellow to 2 for fives matches. The yellow crates are just a **** shoot now. To only have 1 gun and it can be either LMG, RPG or M40 doesn't justify the risk for surviving. 

Green crates 
    Riot shotgun 
    AK
    Scout
    Crossbow
    (At least 1 RPG)

Purple 
    Combat shotgun 
    Marauder
    M40
    Socom
    KH (regular magazine)
    (At least 1 RPG)

Gold
    LMG
    KH (increased magazine)
    RPG
    (At least 1 M40)

Fast gas at first, but stronger at first too! Nobody should be able to sit in the gas more than 2 minutes whether it's the end of the game or the very beginning. The gas should be a tad weaker at the end but much stronger in the beginning. Encourage people to move in closer to each other while the map is still big so you can have more fire exchange and battles but between 2 or 3 teams but all farther away from each other to keep the game running smooth. If a bunch of idiots die in the gas early, well less dumb people lagging the game unnecessarily later. 

The gas should slow way down at 1 mile radius and almost completely stop at 200 yard radius. Larger radius should help disguise a lot of the fps drops. M40 being available to the people who actually use it will eliminate many people and more RPGs can decrease vehicle traffic. The gas needs to kill people in the beginning but those who survive until the end with all that fire power out there should be rewarded with the ability to actually fight to win. The way it is, the gas is just constantly going fast and just keeps going fast until the very end and puts you in a tiny circle where the game is almost saying "I don't care what you've done to get here and survive but I'm bored of you and want you out now" lol not very rewarding at times it just comes down to who has the most med kits...of all things.

Flashbang should last much longer and players shouldn't be able to carry more than 1 or maybe 2 EMPs. If you can't throw it well enough, you shouldn't get 3 more chances. 
    vhdustinstalker4hireDabaholik
  • HIS616infernalHIS616infernal Reactions: 290Member ✭✭✭

just a **** shoot now. To only have 1 gun and it can be either LMG, RPG or M40 doesn't justify the risk for surviving. 

Green crates 
    Riot shotgun 
    AK
    Scout
    Crossbow
    (At least 1 RPG)

Purple 
    Combat shotgun 
    Marauder
    M40
    Socom
    KH (regular magazine)
    (At least 1 RPG)

Gold
    LMG
    KH (increased magazine)
    RPG
    (At least 1 M40)

Gas is fine. The problem with the frame rate is the fact that to many players, vehicles and fighting is going on in such a small area.
    they almost need to allow you to select where you spawn so more people die in the first 5 minutes then how it is currently set up. 
    I may not play 5-7 hours a day but i play enough with enough fives wins to get the issues.
    The whole point of the gas going faster at the end is was to avoid the people camping and allowing the timer to run out in the urban fights. They are trying to force people to fight and move and think on the fly which is what people should be doing.

Gas needs to be stronger period. Nobody should be able to honestly sit in the gas at any point and this still happens.
    Id love for a effect to happen where med packs only heal up to 5% instead of 10% something like that the gas is a tool of death and should punish people who try and abuse it. Why you would want gas weaker at the end is beyond me... they buffed it up because to many people camped the gas and abused it.

Honestly the risk should be there for golds....blues and greens. I dont need a team to be able to get all gold weapons from 1 damn drop... come on now. You toss a KH in there as well one of the best guns in the game and you have an unfair advantage. Id be ok with adding purples to drop out of a gold seeing as how it seems to only be armor and grenades lately. But man these suggestions arent that great coming from a guy who has invested a lot of time into the game.

The biggest adjustment needs to be the shotguns.... the plague of the game!
  • vhdustinvhdustin Reactions: 75Member ✭✭
    edited August 30
    a lot of good positive stuff here
  • recon2383recon2383 Reactions: 2Member
    Any news when we'll be back in the fight in the uk 
  • War_MachineXLWar_MachineXL Reactions: 208Member ✭✭✭
    Why was the Magnum nerfed? Was the only pistol I would actually pick up. 
  • Nashedi76Nashedi76 Reactions: 6Member
    still no blue screen fix. After 8 games in a row game will crash
    MechAArmA
  • DC_Batman23DC_Batman23 Reactions: 2Member
    I think it’d be awesome if you all came out with trios. My opinion, 5’s is way to much. Think about it teams of 3 with 33 teams makes 99 people.