THE JOURNEY BEGINZ!

Add a Reply
JaceHallJaceHall Reactions: 373Mod mod
edited October 11 in Announcements
THE JOURNEY BEGINZ!

The time has finally arrived when I can talk all the details about what is happening with the PC version of H1Z1. I will be answering ALL questions to the best of my ability this coming Friday, September 7th at 3PM PT during a livestream at www.twitch.tv/Z1BattleRoyale - I will stream for as long as possible to answer as many questions as possible.

A few things to know before the stream:

1) Daybreak has assigned all operations and development of the PC version of H1Z1 to NantG Mobile. You may have seen Daybreak’s announcement about their new partnership with Patrick Soon-Shiong. With this investment, a new joint venture has been formed. NantG Mobile will assume development of H1Z1 PC and I’m excited to lead the charge.

2) Familiar faces are coming back.
Know that we are going to work with a dedicated development team and our community to make H1Z1 FUN, competitive and entertaining. I’m already involved and more additions (old and new) are to come soon.

3) The H1Z1 Pro League is still targeted to return in 2019.
The ecosystem of competitive play is imperative for H1Z1 PC and will be a major focus in the game’s future development. The H1Z1 Pro League has done incredible things to help pioneer battle royale esports. The newly formed joint venture, NantG Mobile is the new publisher of the game and league partner , and we are now finally able work with them on shaping the future of the Pro League. 

4) Eventually H1Z1 PC will be formally renamed to Z1 Battle Royale.
Daybreak still maintains and controls design direction and publishing for H1Z1 on other platforms, and therefore it is likely that over time there will start to be significant differences between what Daybreak does with its versions as compared to what we are doing with ours. Having multiple versions, that are significantly different -- with the same name is confusing, so eventually we’ll be formally renaming H1Z1 PC. I wanted to clarify this now so that the community isn’t surprised by this later.

5) This is a team effort.
H1Z1 PC development will be as collaborative as possible. I’ve said before, but I’ll say it again:

• Together we will make some mistakes.
• Together we will acknowledge and admit when they happen.
• Together we will immediately revert, change or remove them without hesitation.

6) There are many more questions! I know there are a lot of questions and I can’t begin to answer them all in this letter. Watch the livestream and ask anything you’d like. This is an exciting time for H1Z1 PC. We have a chance to rebuild this game together, so make sure you tune in!  www.twitch.tv/Z1BattleRoyale

FOLLOW OUR TWITTER!!!!
ix0xoCostadom_thumbDadbotBradReflexzackattack_T3HMILFWHISP3RERMakaveliReneTheGrenadeKaizzerRYLESDarinOneMangenocideBartounMickeyLeinPeanutStonuhhSkinLeuhfrostieeUprisenTVSoulGazerSammyTunstallNIVELWeightySylencefanlessfloyd_hfMalatazamshz0rn_y_k_oDomeJapetchuWerrerRealmPalomkevintezlaRStarphoenixDanoDarkReaperTVjeffthrowdeaFPSh1z1wifidarennsluggrjohnitzhades_ScrapFPSUltimaheartPortedcozplsCedH1IdoPlayersZaroFPSMjeksHitMan173seabreadFurcasTRollskarlenMimic2077PsiCoWgho_OstFullpackikrypt0nArrogantxShadyTuneJoshMaraboutn9xtkrawnsJoheyGamesWopliieee420BoostJoshuaMAMOU_Sdrozahighrollinnurax1337VesaDaveedeqBushmast3rPrzemoZoooM_BeastLafaysNAOlofAkadamblundeagKruphixxgalstie

Comments

• TedgpTedgp Reactions: 4Member
    edited September 6
    very strange name for the new game.

Also do you stand by the last part of your post, as we have heard the same thing time and time and time again...  with nothing to show for it apart from 2k concurrent users. down from over 100k at its peak.

Regarding tomorrows stream, will you actually be answering all questions, or will you be selectively picking and choosing like we have seen other devs do in the past on various streams and only answer questions that have been asked a million times already, sometimes silly ones.
    J3nSbYkrawns
  • RemedyRemedy Reactions: 11Member
    Another rebrand, still no date on the revert, no info if you're going to pay the Pro League teams the money you owe. Oh and you're spending money on a mobile version of H1.... ResidentSleeper.
    itzhades_
  • dom_thumbdom_thumb Reactions: 105Member ✭✭✭
    [Insert profanities] Man this just got damn exciting!!
  • FebruaryFebruary Reactions: 12Member
    Please y'all gotta rethink that name, one of the biggest problems I have getting my friends to play H1 is convincing them that it's not a zombie game anymore, this is gonna have the same problem.
  • JuanMataJuanMata Reactions: 13Member
    this is definitely good news, but if the "new" version of the game is gonna be played on Z2 then it's kinda ironic that it will be called "Z1 Battle Royale"
  • BradBrad Reactions: 15Member
    yes!!!!!!! poggers
    dom_thumb
  • TedgpTedgp Reactions: 4Member
    Remedy said:
    Another rebrand, still no date on the revert, no info if you're going to pay the Pro League teams the money you owe. Oh and you're spending money on a mobile version of H1.... ResidentSleeper.
    He will prob detail that tomorrow in the stream. That way he can get the info out to everyone, and not just in spitballs randomly.
  • LeinLein Reactions: 24Member
    Will you do the perstige system that has been suggested so many times with the rewards being skins etc. (the gold looking skins)
  • floyd_hffloyd_hf Reactions: 15Member
    Impatient for tomorrow's stream, I **** love you man. Hope we'll get details tomorrow on dates and everything for what's coming!
  • LivestreamMomentsLivestreamMoments Reactions: 30Member
    Don't even know what to say, speechless...this all amazing news. Worth the wait!
    dom_thumbdNStreeeet
  • ReneTheGrenadeReneTheGrenade Reactions: 22Member
    LETS GOOOOOO 
    SammyTunstalldom_thumbdNStreeeet
  • DarinDarin Reactions: 14Member
    PogChamp
    dom_thumbdNStreeeet
  • MickeyMickey Reactions: 27Member
    This is it! It all cooks down to this - see you guys in tomorrows stream!! :smiley:
    dom_thumbdNStreeeet
  • LeinLein Reactions: 24Member
    Don't even know what to say, speechless...this all amazing news. Worth the wait!
    Livestreammoments OMEGALUL
  • KrimsohKrimsoh Reactions: 14Member
    POGGERS BABY KRIMSOH GETTING THEM 20K DUBS 
    dNStreeeet
  • NateNate Reactions: 14Member
    That name is terrible imo
  • UprisenTVUprisenTV Reactions: 25Member
    JuanMata said:
    this is definitely good news, but if the "new" version of the game is gonna be played on Z2 then it's kinda ironic that it will be called "Z1 Battle Royale"
    If it's gonna be played on Z2 they should just call it H1Z2 lmao
    WerrerRealm
  • WeightyWeighty Reactions: 5Member
    hyphy
    dNStreeeet
  • dNStreeeetdNStreeeet Reactions: 96Member ✭✭
    I have never had so much passion for a video game ever.  I literally cried lmaooo over video game news because I love H1z1 so much and I know H1z1 community loves this game to. We all have complained about this game at times but truly there is no BR like H1z1! Thank you to Jace and Arclegger and Dr. Pat Soon-Shiong and the H1z1 team for everything you are doing for our game and thank you to the H1z1 community for the loyalty and love these past years that you have gave to H1z1 and the fun entertaining times to me! Lets goooooooooooooooooooo another 3K+ hours grinding here I come z1battleroyale I am ready! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lets get it!
    dom_thumbWerrerRealmDadbot
  • HusKersHusKers Reactions: 14Member
    Sounds very promising Jace, thank you for all of this. I'm not a huge fan of the new name personally, but in the grand scheme of things we shouldn't be hung up on the name of a game.
    dom_thumbdNStreeeetWerrerRealm
  • SylenceSylence Reactions: 15Member
    Holly Molly! lets go
  • JHONYFASTJHONYFAST Reactions: 12Member
    together we will err, recognize, and reverse if possible, simply this is knowing how to take care of a company.
    the recognition and attention to good tips and suggestions is what makes a company succeed
  • H1ZombieH1Zombie Reactions: 4Member
    Tedgp said:
    very strange name for the new game.

Also do you stand by the last part of your post, as we have heard the same thing time and time and time again...  with nothing to show for it apart from 2k concurrent users. down from over 100k at its peak.

Regarding tomorrows stream, will you actually be answering all questions, or will you be selectively picking and choosing like we have seen other devs do in the past on various streams and only answer questions that have been asked a million times already, sometimes silly ones.
    Really hate the entitlement in these posts. Not even a few minutes after a major change is announced, the whiners come out to try and nitpick everything. People spend so much time **** on here and reddit.

Try and have a little respect for just a second. At least give the new team a chance before you continue your useless rants. 
    dom_thumb
  • RStarphoenixRStarphoenix Reactions: 46Member
    This is going to be one hell of a spammy chat in the stream, but it'll be needed. Looking forward to your message Jace.
  • sluggrjohnsluggrjohn Reactions: 2Member
    edited September 7
    Here's a mistake you can avoid off the bat:

I'm guessing Castoro might be back. Unless he has had an attitude adjustment in the last few months, keep him away from forums/reddit. His communication style was condescending and he was unable to admit mistakes in an appreciable way that made the community feel like he was listening. That's not someone who needs to be in front of people, especially in this new era of transparency and building a game together.

But it's ok. Not everybody is a public speaker or PR expert. Z1PC is a team effort, but leave the PR roles to the best PR people.

• BallzeyeZ1BallzeyeZ1 Reactions: 9Member
    Please save Just Survive revert everything back pre the BWC update 15August 2017. This update dropped the playerbase from 7k to 200 players.

Just Survive has a huge potential
  • PhazerPhazer Reactions: 3Member
    Hey, Jace!
    As a fairly unknown member of this community, I haven't been very vocal in my opinions. But since I have played nearly 2k hours of H1, I feel very passionate about the direction of the game.
    Everything you are promising is great, but there are a few things that need to be done.
    1. Pay your players. Do it ASAP. I don't have to tell you the importance of this.
    2. The game mechanics from your video today, put the m on test. Let us tell you if it feels like home. That alone will gain so much momentum in this community.
    3. Don't name the game "Z1 Battle Royale". Let's be honest, it not a very good name.
    4. Keep up what you are doing! We appreciate you!

P.S. no more NDAs please :smile:
    Elyosia
  • anremyanremy Reactions: 13Member
    Jace, I can tell you that the reason me and all my friends quit H1 is because of the shotgun. I practice so much to get my AR fights (funnest part of the game) to be good. I practice to get my aim precise, but why does that matter when a team can just suicide rush me with a shotgun? Why put in the time to practice so much for AR duels, when so much of the game is just dying to shotgun cod-rushers?

Please, I'm begging you to alter the shotgun so that it either takes more shots to kill (with a compensated faster fire-rate so that landing multiple shots [more skillful] is required to win a close range fight) or remove the gun altogether. I get EXACTLY what you mean when you said you want the game to be "the counter-strike of BRs", but that will NEVER happen until the shotgun is changed or removed. Take a page out of counter-strike's book, actually, and look how ineffectual they made shotguns. Please give it some thought, I really want H1 to succeed.
    DoxPT
  • Techno_NicoTechno_Nico Reactions: 12Member
    Let's go!!