Crossbow needs changed back

Add a Reply
afrozencactusafrozencactus Reactions: 36Member
This gun now takes absolutely no skill to use. Shoot a car person cant leave. Keep shooting. That person is screwed. The emp time needs drastically reduced from the bow to balance this weapon
LegendBeardEnVeLHalleckss

Comments

• ExpazzExpazz Reactions: 46Member
    Have you tried getting out of the car and shooting them in the face? 
    Squeaky__P
  • Spiritus_AquilaeSpiritus_Aquilae Reactions: 28Member
    The crossbow is now worth using. Before this update i'd just leave it on the ground, like i currently do with the desert eagle.
    Tickle72J4YCEEEMagwar
    Just spend most of the evening with the new update. 

It's great. I now actually want to pick up the shotgun. The explosive damage isn't a one shot kill and the EMP damage adds a great element to tactics. I successfully mowed down a vehicle coming right at me and picked him off with an fully auto weapon from the drivers seat while he coasted towards me. Which felt awesome haha. 
    Squeaky__PJ4YCEEEMagwar
  • AlphaBravoAlphaBravo Reactions: 161Member ✭✭✭
    lol this will be nerfed in no time. Cheap weapon. What should have been done is make it much easier to use grenades. If you have more than two types, having to cycle through the ones you need is a nuisance.
    IAM420J4YCEEEMagwar
  • IAM420IAM420 Reactions: 15Member
    Agree it's damn annoying and requires no skill
    Well I'm now keen to pick up the crossbow, where as before I *never* touched it. It gets the thumbs up from me! 
    J4YCEEEMagwar
  • afrozencactusafrozencactus Reactions: 36Member
    Picture this.... a full team of fives rolls up to a gold crate in ruby lake. A single player on the top of the mountain in the middle of ruby lake has a crossbow with 9 rounds. The team of fives gets hit and both their vehicles are now EMPd for 20 seconds. They fight off 2 other full squads losing only 1 friendly teammate in the battle. They have collected an LMG and are ready to leave the scene. EMPd again as a new team of five rolls on then with an ARG. Chaos ensues leaving 7 people on their knees waiting to see which team will deliver the final blow. Riot shotgun ends the mayhem and the lone player left standing goes to revive his mates. He gets one up. CROSSBOW from the Island AGAIN!!!!  A duo squad approaches the downed enemies and engages them. One of the duo is sent to his knees but his partner wins the battle! As he begins to pick up his homie... you guessed it. CROSSBOW!!! They both die. The lone guy swoops down off of the mountain and picks up an LMG, KH, M40, and Combat Shotgun. This is why the cross bow is overpowered and just stupid. BTW I was the guy on the mountain and this ACTUALLY HAPPENED!.
    That entire scenario could be negated by a scout rifle or other scoped rifle taking out old mate on the mountain. 

Which is why it's important to know your vehicle and military crate locations. Drop at a vehicle, get kitted up with base level items in the first minute and then hunt for military crates. 

This usually negates mid game scenarios like the one above, especially as they usually happen around air drops. Leaving some distance and getting confident with scoped weapons and putting pressure on players usually negates the risk of shotgun rushes or tactics like the one above. 
    You clearly didnt understand what was going on there... a full team was rushed because they couldn't move. Not because of the team rushing them but because of a third party playing like a coward. It happened over and over. The distance the crossbow can cover and disable vehicles is just stupid. Not to mention the emp effect is equally as long as a grenade that is much more difficult to use. If you're throwing an emp grenade you're fighting. If you're shooting the crossbow chances are you're far away and safe from any danger sans M40. I didnt have to do anything and I was the recipient of basically the best 4 gun setup you can have.
  • LegendBeardLegendBeard Reactions: 16Member
    It is way too op now for a green Drop.
    AlphaBravo
  • vhdustinvhdustin Reactions: 80Member ✭✭
    You clearly didnt understand what was going on there... a full team was rushed because they couldn't move. Not because of the team rushing them but because of a third party playing like a coward. It happened over and over. The distance the crossbow can cover and disable vehicles is just stupid. Not to mention the emp effect is equally as long as a grenade that is much more difficult to use. If you're throwing an emp grenade you're fighting. If you're shooting the crossbow chances are you're far away and safe from any danger sans M40. I didnt have to do anything and I was the recipient of basically the best 4 gun setup you can have.

sounds like a fun scenario.  I don't know why you call yourself a coward, what you describe feels like you had a good time watching chaos ensue. that specific set of events won't happen in every round.

Getting third partied will always be like that, regardless of the scenario. There's not much you can do about that. You'd get rushed if you were pinned down by sniper fire. Would that make Snipers OP? 

Getting pinned down by a third party whilst being rushed is unfortunate, and certainly puts more pressure on the team to survive a rush + eliminate a long distance target, but I don't think it's reflective of a weapon being OP or not. 

Going back to the more typical scenario; if you've been hit long distance by a crossbow EMP then you're a sitting duck unless you are confident with a long distance weapon. 

The crossbow reload time takes a while, so you're not going to get instakilled by the relatively low explosive damage. 

Drop smoke, favour a rifle, use mutiple vehicles and spread out in duos/squads. Each action has a relative reaction that can be implemented. 

End of the day you got third partied pretty hard. That's neither here or there about any weapon being used in that scenario. 
    MrJFouchSpiritus_Aquilae
    edited December 6
    also found from a solo point of view that a big part of (my) tactics is being very mobile and agile in a fight. Im at this point where i consider certain vehicles an extention of my characters body. You move in for an attack, it backfires or a third player decides to join this fight. Means repositioning vehicle even when your at advantage or disadvantage.
    Im usually quite aware of my surroundings but you cant account for everything. So suddenly being emp'd gives you no options at all. You stuck and forced to fight. So if low on health from previous battle, disengaging is the smart move.

So ive been in situations where my tactics were very effective to being almost nullified by cheap shots. I can tell you now, it forces me to be far more cautious and less likely to take chances in battles. The thrill of using quads and police cars is almost gone for me.

The crossbow has now actually put a limit of combat possibilities and reduced it to a basic back and fourth where brute force wins out.
    We're talking about a shooting game though. Isn't that good? 

I'll gladly take a crossbow to end game now, whereas previously I would never pick it up. The end circle vehicle rodeo until it drops to 2 people got a bit stale. It's nice to now know that a crossbow can be a serious player in that end game state to nullify police car cowboys. 
    usually people in rodeo that drive and dont get out are average players that are fairly easy to take out anyway. And its definitely not like every final circle has a rodeo. Petrol limits has done a good job of taking care of that issue. Once everyone clocks on to the crossbow new power, final circle and militaty drops will just be loads of explosions. That my prediction.
    @Expazz after reading all of your comments I'm going to conclude you're not very good. That is all.
    gjp3333ChodBoy
  • gjp3333gjp3333 Reactions: 45Member
    @Expazz after reading all of your comments I'm going to conclude you're not very good. That is all.

EX SPAZ IS THE ONLY ONE THATS LIKES IT THIS WAY.  MASSIVELY OVRPOWERED.  Very FIRST game I played since update in Fives, I had a full squad in a car that got hit with one shot. and hence EMPed. we jumped out for another shot to hit the car and destroy us all.  1 guy kills 5 players in 2 shots basically before they can react is too much.

I also used it to my advantage in just normal mid long range fights.  2 shots even in the general area of someone will kill them.   Yet how many shots do you need if that was a mid range battle even with a Socom or CNQ/KH etc??  Heaps more! and they are purple!

I'm comfortable with how I play the game. I don't lose 5 v 1 and blame it on a weapon that has the reload speed of a sloth haha. 
  • MrJFouchMrJFouch Reactions: 13Member
    I do believe the crossbow is OP now. But, I will say it is a lot of fun to use! 

I think the best thing to do is lower its emp radius zone, as it does seem a lot larger than the normal emp grenade radius. 
  • Spiritus_AquilaeSpiritus_Aquilae Reactions: 28Member
    Whenever i get hit by the emp i'll try to use my surroundings for cover. Whether it be trees, rocks, hills, burnt-out cars or even buildings. Most of the time there is always something u could use. If however i truly am trapped with nowhere to go then i'll return the favour and emp them and get ready for a fight. 
  • 2High_2Die2High_2Die Reactions: 12Member
    Crossbow addition is badass on duos people can’t run away all day now, less people in the final circles feels more tactical. Now fix the leaderboard or add stat tracking already
    Expazz
  • AzureLosAzureLos Reactions: 23Member
    Just make it EMP on direct hits only. And for shorter duration.
  • 19willy7419willy74 Reactions: 2Member
    Crossbow to be fully helpfull:
    1.EMP effect should  be max 2sec. just to slow you down a bit, otherwise try to open a purple/gold crate its a sucide.
    2.Should kill instantly a enemy (its explosive in reality would blow enemies in pieces !!!)

I spent more time using crossbow. Its true that it needed some sort of buff because i never saw the point of wasting a slot for it. Whether its balanced, im still undecided but realize its kind of essential to have now in my arsenal. Without it, you are at a disadvantage and miss out on opportunities to take out opponents. If it twas to remain at its current buff, it would need to be moved up to purple crates. Just too powerful to have early game and in green crates.

As a result of this change, i find rocket launcher redundant now. Why go for it when you can have an explosive weapon with emp and better targeting and more ammo...I havent noticed much changes to final circle and still see up to 30 players just before gold drops. Perhaps to early to say...
    MrJFouch
  • 2High_2Die2High_2Die Reactions: 12Member
    I like the idea of purple crate, sooo and duo I don’t think it is op but 5s is brutal with it