PS4 Game Update: August 15

Add a Reply
LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Reactions: 584Community admin
edited August 15 in Update Notes

NA PS4 servers will be offline at 8AM PDT on Wednesday, August 15 and EU PS4 servers will be offline at 12AM CEST on Thursday, August 16 for an update estimated to take 2 hours. This update is focused primarily on performance optimizations and bug fixes to address recent issues.

General Updates

• Optimized the Vehicle HUD, Reload Timer, and Health Bar user interfaces. This should result in minor performance improvements, particularly when there are numerous players and vehicles nearby.
  • Optimized the texture sizes of the AR-15, AK-47, CNQ, Scout Rifle, and Combat Shotgun. This reduction of memory consumption should reduce some of the out-of-memory crashes that are occurring for some players. 
  • Increased the SOCOM ammunition found in airdrops to 120 (was 24).
  • Reduced the number of AR-15s that spawn in the world by approximately 60%.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that was causing some players to remain stuck in their parachute at the beginning of matches.
  • RPG ammo now displays properly when on the ground.
  • Weapon HUD now updates properly when switching guns as a passenger in a vehicle.
  • Kills with the SOCOM now count towards Sniper Challenges, as intended.
  • Parachute and ARV skins now de-dupe normally.
  • Players with promotional skins will no longer see the de-duping message every time they enter Customization.
  • Pressing "X" to confirm restoring to default settings before the "Are You Sure" pop-up appears no longer causes the UI to get stuck.
  • It is now possible to preview facewear when the character is wearing a helmet.
  • Numerous fixes to minor UI issues including some clean-up to make text easier to read on various main menu screens.
Circa_702violentvoleNotAHero013vhdustinJapetchu

Comments

• JapetchuJapetchu Reactions: 91Member ✭✭
    Very good hope so out of memory crashes are gone now.
  • HIGHjakeLIFEHIGHjakeLIFE Reactions: 23Member
    Have you guys looked into The HUD bug that's make the game almost unplayable for some people. It's posted on the forum 
    Onlyonelar
  • GalaxyBearzzGalaxyBearzz Reactions: 149Member ✭✭✭
    Have you guys looked into The HUD bug that's make the game almost unplayable for some people. It's posted on the forum 
    If this has to do with weapon HUD then I believe it was already mentioned 
  • SuspenceSuspence Reactions: 55Member ✭✭
    How about and here's a crazy idea we add more regions and servers? As it's unplayable in Australia and somehow getting worse.

Our high ping would be causing problems for other players, just use some of the money made from people buying cosmetics and at least make a ASIAN server.

The fact I still haven't heard a single word about adding regions has made me realise my fears are real. This game isn't ever going to get them and that's a joke. 
    ManOfWarNotAHero013stalker4hire
  • HIS616infernalHIS616infernal Reactions: 301Member ✭✭✭
    Kind of disappointing no gun adjustments.

Thank god the AR spawn is getting cut.

Have you guys thought of adding a small vehicle image on the HUD that shows what seats are filled?
    Circa_702Suspence

Have you guys thought of adding a small vehicle image on the HUD that shows what seats are filled?

What guns do you think need adjusted?
  • ManOfWarManOfWar Reactions: 4Member
    Cool fixes, seeing as we can't even play this game anymore in Australia. And really, a full launch didn't include an OC server? Spend money to make money before this game fizzles out..

The game started failing after copying Fortnite with the gas damage increase, we liked the gas damage! Maybe an increase of 10%, not 30%.... It got even worse when the vehicles started to use a stupid amount of fuel, now you can't even escape the gas on a single tank (car)... Now your taking away 60% of AR-15's, after everybody was so excited about the amount of 5.56's, to be able to actually have a gun fight.. This game is going backwards? 
    Suspence

What guns do you think need adjusted?
    The only gun that seriously needs it so far the Shotgun and has needed since the start of the beta.

Socom needs adjusting as well not sure if its bullet drop or hit detection its hit or miss some games.
  • OnlyonelarOnlyonelar Reactions: 9Member
    I have no HUD what do ever just baught battlepass would be great if I could play with mates

• ZeeksZeeks Reactions: 29Member
    Looking good, keep up the work!
    ManOfWar said:
    Cool fixes, seeing as we can't even play this game anymore in Australia. And really, a full launch didn't include an OC server? Spend money to make money before this game fizzles out..

The game started failing after copying Fortnite with the gas damage increase, we liked the gas damage! Maybe an increase of 10%, not 30%.... It got even worse when the vehicles started to use a stupid amount of fuel, now you can't even escape the gas on a single tank (car)... Now your taking away 60% of AR-15's, after everybody was so excited about the amount of 5.56's, to be able to actually have a gun fight.. This game is going backwards? 
    All of the people who are making complaints like this, do you all read what you're saying? :|
    Right the game has gone from better or worse. Why are you that far off in the gas to begin with. If you have any idea how to play the game you should be ahead of the gas the whole time. You may get into a gun fight or two that sets you back but honestly... no reason to be in gas at all.

ARs littered the area and honestly removed a **** ton of weapons from the field im glad they adjusted this. 
    Suspencebfogie4
  • FennellLadFennellLad Reactions: 289Member ✭✭✭
    Nice to see the crashes being fixed. I combat spam shotgun need a a nerf it's way too OP. I'd love to see next week's update include stats or leaderboards. Also in my opinion that battlepass was fine but it was way too short. I'll finish the battlepass in the next two days. There is like 60 days left in this season... maybe a pre season ranking system like PC with a royalty grind ? 

• ImperialKn1ghtImperialKn1ght Reactions: 29Member
    Game is very buggy/laggy post patch. I honestly haven't experienced much lag in the game until now.
    Suspence
    You did not fix the game. Still crazy amounts of lag in the final circle. 
    GalactixJRSuspence
  • ManOfWarManOfWar Reactions: 4Member
    edited August 16
    Alot of factors contribute to being behind schedule and battling the gas, for example, in a whole area, there might be 1 makeshift armour, and 15 backpacks, 1 shotgun, 10 Hell fires. The loot spawns are ********, making it take far to long to get geared up to hit air drops. That's Way before the AR-15 being ground loot.

Iv had countless wins simply because the last remaining teams get smashed in the gas. Everybody loves a win, but not when the game does it for you. 

How am I supposed to get a company to develop a BR for Australians 😂 

This is the first MMO game iv ever played that hasn't had OCE servers? 
  • GalactixJRGalactixJR Reactions: 92Member ✭✭
    @GalaxyBearzz

100%. The FPS is still horrendous. We need a whole BIG patch dedicated solely to performance optimizations to get this game running at a solid 60+ FPS on all PS4's (maybe 40 FPS minimum in huge fights) anything less is unacceptable.
    SuspenceGalaxyBearzz
    ManOfWar said:

Welcome to the sad reality I've been seeing for a few weeks. No one seems to care about us Aussies either and the mentality is deal with it or go elsewhere. What game of this size doesn't have OC or Asian servers? 
    ManOfWar said:

Why don't you just ask a company in Australia to make a battle royale game that's based in Australia? The country is essentially shaped like a battle royale map anyway. 
    As much as I think you were joking it's actually not a half bad idea. The thing is though if an Australian made a game like that they would add NA and EU regions. It doesn't make sense not to cater for the large gamer population of America and Europe so why is this game forgetting the Asian and Oceania areas? We may basically be islands but we have a decent percent of the world's population here. Hell even if they added a server in Australia most of us would still be over 1000kms from it anyway. It's a bit ridiculous expecting our information to be sent to America and back in a FPS game. 
  • Red_ReckonerRed_Reckoner Reactions: 2Member
    Please fix the recoilless ultra death-cannon aka the combat shotgun. That, combined with the bunny hopping problem, is getting really irritating. A shotgun should really do not terribly much against a person covered in ballistic armor. In this game, each pellet of shot may as well be a rifle round, because that is how they behave. May have to uninstall if I see one more team of scattercannon-wielding Olympic hurdlers.
  • Red_ReckonerRed_Reckoner Reactions: 2Member
    I mean at least put in some sort of damage modifier like 4x if you get hit mid-air. The hopping is really out of hand.
  • gbodagamer823gbodagamer823 Reactions: 30Member

NA PS4 servers will be offline at 8AM PDT on Wednesday, August 15 and EU PS4 servers will be offline at 12AM CEST on Thursday, August 16 for an update estimated to take 2 hours. This update is focused primarily on performance optimizations and bug fixes to address recent issues.

General Updates

• Optimized the Vehicle HUD, Reload Timer, and Health Bar user interfaces. This should result in minor performance improvements, particularly when there are numerous players and vehicles nearby.
    • Optimized the texture sizes of the AR-15, AK-47, CNQ, Scout Rifle, and Combat Shotgun. This reduction of memory consumption should reduce some of the out-of-memory crashes that are occurring for some players. 
    • Increased the SOCOM ammunition found in airdrops to 120 (was 24).
    • Reduced the number of AR-15s that spawn in the world by approximately 60%.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a bug that was causing some players to remain stuck in their parachute at the beginning of matches.
    • RPG ammo now displays properly when on the ground.
    • Weapon HUD now updates properly when switching guns as a passenger in a vehicle.
    • Kills with the SOCOM now count towards Sniper Challenges, as intended.
    • Parachute and ARV skins now de-dupe normally.
    • Players with promotional skins will no longer see the de-duping message every time they enter Customization.
    • Pressing "X" to confirm restoring to default settings before the "Are You Sure" pop-up appears no longer causes the UI to get stuck.
    • It is now possible to preview facewear when the character is wearing a helmet.
    • Numerous fixes to minor UI issues including some clean-up to make text easier to read on various main menu screens.

Horrible update
  • ScalonScalon Reactions: 3Member
    The lag in FIVES  - in the end - is UNBELIAVEBLE after this patch.
    gbodagamer823
  • stalker4hirestalker4hire Reactions: 69Member ✭✭
    ManOfWar said:
    Alot of factors contribute to being behind schedule and battling the gas, for example, in a whole area, there might be 1 makeshift armour, and 15 backpacks, 1 shotgun, 10 Hell fires. The loot spawns are ********, making it take far to long to get geared up to hit air drops. That's Way before the AR-15 being ground loot.

Iv had countless wins simply because the last remaining teams get smashed in the gas. Everybody loves a win, but not when the game does it for you. 

How am I supposed to get a company to develop a BR for Australians 😂 

This is the first MMO game iv ever played that hasn't had OCE servers? 
    This is spot on. People who don't understand this are simply not engaging. They are staying far ahead of gas and out of the way hiding until the end. 

Another thing is the game pushes the gas faster than supply drops. I've seen more than 100 instances of several supply drops falling well inside the gas ring.

I agree asking for an Oceanic server is not an unreasonable request. If PC has it so should PS4.
    I am thinkng since they revamped it completely for console they are keeping things smaller for more control over bugs. Hopefully they will ioen up more locations soon. If not then the turd will flush. 

• Bryan_da_lion313Bryan_da_lion313 Reactions: 6Member
    When can we melee attack
  • NekoRaveNekoRave Reactions: 15Member
    Hopefully a patch for the M40 Sniper kill trophy next update.

35+ kills
    26+ headshots
    And a win with the M40 after 26+ headshots and no trophy.

Also a stat screen would be nice.

Thanks for the devs that manage to read this and fix this issue
    Honestly the game needs to be fixed before they add a stats screen