PS4 Game Update: New Arcade Mode!

Add a Reply
LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Reactions: 584Community admin
edited August 23 in Update Notes

PS4 servers will be coming offline at the below times for each region for an estimated 2 hour maintenance to bring you a new Arcade mode and more.

New Arcade Mode: Shotties & Snipers!

A new Arcade Mode ruleset is available for the next two weekends - Shotties & Snipers! Are you ready to take aim or get up close and personal? Shotties & Snipers plays out like a typical Solos match, except that the only weapons available in military crates and airdrop crates are shotguns and snipers. As you parachute in, the airdrops will begin - Riot Shotguns will be the only weapons that spawn on the ground, so find a military crate or fight for an airdrop to upgrade! 

With limited weapons available, you'll only need to find a Waist Pack to have all the storage you need. Will you go for the Gold and pick off your opponents with the M40, or close the distance with the Combat Shotgun?

To play Shotties & Snipers, select the "Arcade" option from the Play menu. Shotties & Snipers will be available at the below times in each region:

• NA Shotties & Snipers:
    • 10AM PDT on Friday, August 24 through 10AM PDT on Monday, August 27
    • 10AM PDT on Friday, August 31 through 10AM PDT on Monday, September 3
  • EU Shotties & Snipers:
    • 10AM CEST on Friday, August 24 through 10AM CEST on Monday, August 27
    • 10AM CEST on Friday, August 31 through 10AM CEST on Monday, September 3

Looking for extra rewards to level up your Battle Pass? An Event Challenge will be active each weekend that Shotties & Snipers is available - just get 10 Top 10 finishes in Shotties & Snipers to earn 10 Battle Pass Medals! This Challenge can be completed each weekend, for a total of 20 Battle Pass Medals (2 full Battle Pass tiers).

Updates

• Landing two headshots with the SOCOM will now always eliminate the target, regardless of what helmet the target is wearing.
  • Fixed a bug where pressing certain buttons while entering a vehicle would then prevent players from entering first person when aiming down sights.
  • Skinned M40 Sniper Rifles now correctly count for the "One Eye Closed" Trophy.
  • Optimized smoke grenades for improved client performance, particularly when numerous smoke grenades are active in the vicinity.
  • Temporarily removed vehicle dirt particles to improve client performance. We are currently working to optimize these particles before readding them.
sammoFennellLadJapetchuviolentvolevhdustin

Comments

• GalabrexGalabrex Reactions: 22Member
    I agree as much as he said , I enjoy H1Z1 already done with the battle pass looking for new rewards on special events like this one , but you guys still havent put any addition to the game that excites the players I'm all about spending $$$ on your game but nothing to buy , add all the pc items to the PS4 we want to play but you won't give us more game , please good updates weekly make it exciting like this game should be , thats the only reason people love Fortenite their regular updates are exciting i was a big player until H1Z1 took their spot i think good updates and listening to the players is with epic games does n they are doing great with that tactic as we here at H1Z1 will execute at the battle royal games you need to make n impression and need to make it fast love ya guys 
    MechAArmANastigurUprisenTVrocdaddy225
  • JapetchuJapetchu Reactions: 91Member ✭✭
    Very nice hear SOCOM buff and 3rd person aim bug fix also even I said I don't play arcade this event makes me play it since M40 <3
    vhdustin
  • FennellLadFennellLad Reactions: 289Member ✭✭✭
    The update is very weak if you ask me. Yes a blue screen crash has been fixed and you buffed the  Socom for consistency but medals for a reward... The challenges still give players medals. Even once you are finished the BP. Jace Hall had to be brought in to save H1 for it's own devs he were ruining the game. The Devs who are currently working on PS4. Crashes and inconsistency were understandable in the beta because it was a beta. The game is out now and you still haven't added things that players want. You have a ranking system, leaderboards, stats and don't forget about the skins you have on PC. It's all there for you on PC. I'm not saying it is easy to port it to console but for the love of god please use what you have and deliver meaningful updates. Now we have to wait another week for an update that could help them game. Arcade mode is fine but it's no just for the weekend and it's rewards are of no use to some players. The scavenger mask was a savage reward. I grinder for hours to get it and was thrilled once I had. I know it's early days but you have to be dropping meaningful updates to be keeping your players as well as bringing more in. I love H1 on PS4 can WE please get o uur stats
    NastigurUprisenTVMechAArmA
  • WeekendWarriorWeekendWarrior Reactions: 81Member ✭✭
    I feel like this event is pretty weak. Medals as rewards is boring. The skull scavenger was fun because you could play for a rare helmet or at least get three silver crates. No update on the store since launch and cosmetics are already recycling on the marketplace. Haven't seen any new bundles or crate sets either. It can't be that hard for your art/design department to come up with new skins to grind for. Hopefully this changes soon.
    MechAArmAUprisenTV
  • MalachiJGKMalachiJGK Reactions: 108Member ✭✭✭
    Well this update seems a bit.. Odd? It's feels like it's doesn't even need to happen but due to certain bugs (which I'm mainly going to target the 3rd person bug since that was the big talk recently) this update is happening and the event is slapped onto it just so it isn't some hotfix. At this point I'm not expecting much until next season but Shotguns and Snipers seem like one weird choice of an event like I could only picture it being an shotgun fest cause this are two weapons for completely different distances and one has a big upper hand but I guess that's going to make it interesting and worth to play, if only there was some kind of new reward for the mode like maybe an exclusive weapon skin for the Shotgun or Sniper or maybe if such challenge is completed you will obtain the first weapon skin for the Combat Shotgun or Soccom. I just want more stuff to be brought onto the team so there's more meaning to play this game like Battle pass is what keeps players playing the game since it requires playtime but if someone has completed the Battle pass then this new event means nothing to them. I'm glad that bugs are being fixed (even if 3rd person was quite interesting) but we need new rewards and challenges to go for but I guess at this stage it's all about keeping the game's health at an good state before shoving more into it.

Anyway, I hope there's more to come soon and hopefully keep the game fresh and repayable for time to come. 
  • RacefanRacefan Reactions: 60Member ✭✭
    Whoo hoo, boy I can't wait to earn the battlepass medals. Wait I have that completed, glad they listen to all of our complaints of stuff that needs fixed, wait none of the majority of the bugs or crashes is getting fixed. Nothing to earn, nothing to work for, game will not last long, I personally will only be playing for about another week then I have a list of free games and new games with challenges and stuff to earn, I loved the game for its challenges and new stuff, but wins are old(due to so many duplicates). Challenges don't earn me anything( battlepass completed). Marketplace repeating( same stuff from a week ago). So what can I say I love games for the challenge and stuff I can earn, also when it doesn't crash all the time.
    All but given up on this one....... I know I am not the only one the only thing is in the forums everyone is not together on an issue in the same thread, there is actually 4 threads about the same thing.
    MechAArmAvhdustin
  • vhdustinvhdustin Reactions: 80Member ✭✭
    that arcade mode sounds fun!
  • Circa_702Circa_702 Reactions: 99Member ✭✭
    Lol this update is trash. 
    HitMan173vhdustin
  • GalaxyBearzzGalaxyBearzz Reactions: 149Member ✭✭✭
    Since the release...daybreak is starting to act like daybreak more and more.... This is a scary thought.
    XxDerpy_Playzxx
  • HitMan173HitMan173 Reactions: 63Member ✭✭
    By removing the 3rd person ads ya kinda made the game not interesting anymore for me. It was dying out for me since I already have almost everything from the victory crates except like 4 to 6 items which I don't really care having, but 3rd person ads kept making come back cause it made the game fun and different. Now it's gone and I have nothing to go for in the game anymore so I'm kinda done. My battlepass is complete the new event is silly, and no 3rd person ads so there nothing for me anymore.. I was one of the people that supported this game from the first time it was announced that it was coming to ps4 in 2016, even bought it on steam. 
    vhdustinrocdaddy225
    H1 has the potential to be great the issue is the people the make and develop the game are not listening the community.
    MechAArmAvhdustin
  • GalactixJRGalactixJR Reactions: 92Member ✭✭
    I'm not trying to be ignorant, but the "optimizations" the Developers are doing like "optimized smoke grenades for improved client performance" is mediocre.

Great! Maybe now instead of 10 FPS I'll get 11! When are we going to see a massive optimization pass on the game as a whole?
    MechAArmAvhdustinrocdaddy225
    We need these long awaited QOL improvements:

-Horizontal & Vertical Sensitivity Slider.

-Remove Vertical Smoothing & Add Small Axial Deadzone. (Start reading at "The High Precision Problem"http://www.third-helix.com/2013/04/12/doing-thumbstick-dead-zones-right.html)

-Massive Optimization Pass. (10 FPS is unacceptable on any system, even OG PS4 Models)

-Remove Bloom. (Random Bullet Spray)

-Knocked Opponent Notification + Teammate Downed Notification.

-Quicker ADS Animations. (Excluding Snipers)

-Armor Drops From Opponents Body (Reward players for getting kills)
    We need these long awaited QOL improvements:

-Horizontal & Vertical Sensitivity Slider.

-Remove Vertical Smoothing & Add Small Axial Deadzone. (Start reading at "The High Precision Problem"http://www.third-helix.com/2013/04/12/doing-thumbstick-dead-zones-right.html)

-Massive Optimization Pass. (10 FPS is unacceptable on any system, even OG PS4 Models)

-Remove Bloom. (Random Bullet Spray)

-Knocked Opponent Notification + Teammate Downed Notification.

-Quicker ADS Animations. (Excluding Snipers)

-Armor Drops From Opponents Body (Reward players for getting kills)
    I agree with everything but the armour of players I think isn't the best. Being able to carry a second helmet or armour piece in your bag slot would be my idea on that
  • violentvoleviolentvole Reactions: 147Member ✭✭✭
    Good Game guys.
    They give us an update, you snipe at them.

Do you really think they're going to listen to your crying on this forum when you're here slating their latest tweak?

Any and everything can be undone if it doesn't work.
    But go ahead and have a cry, then wonder why they don't respond to your demanding posts about making changes.

Me? I'll be having a laugh with the arcade event. And once my BP is complete I'll be playing for wins, like we all did quite contentedly before the BP launched.

But yeah, slag them off. See where that gets you.

ImHereForTheBRGalaxyBearzzvhdustin
  • sammosammo Reactions: 37Member
    Lol all these guys wahhhh wahhh wahhhh wahhh  lol it's like a nursery in here
    ImHereForTheBRviolentvole
  • ImHereForTheBRImHereForTheBR Reactions: 52Member ✭✭
    Good Game guys.
    They give us an update, you snipe at them.

Do you really think they're going to listen to your crying on this forum when you're here slating their latest tweak?

Any and everything can be undone if it doesn't work.
    But go ahead and have a cry, then wonder why they don't respond to your demanding posts about making changes.

Me? I'll be having a laugh with the arcade event. And once my BP is complete I'll be playing for wins, like we all did quite contentedly before the BP launched.

But yeah, slag them off. See where that gets you.

Keep circle jerking them while they release bad update after bad update and see where that gets you.

The game is out of beta, it is suppose to get better, but it only gets worse. It is pretty pathetic when the Arcade Mode during the beta had an amazing reward while the post beta Arcade Mode has an essentially pointless reward that add tiers onto a battle pass that 1000s have completed and even the most casual of players can complete with playing less than a hour a day. They would have been better off releasing an Arcade Mode with no reward versus this slap in the face of a reward to almost all daily players.
    MechAArmAWeekendWarriorGalaxyBearzzvhdustin
  • violentvoleviolentvole Reactions: 147Member ✭✭✭
    Lol are you butthurt so much that you flagged my post?

My post that didn't name anyone? Shame or defame anyone? Flame anyone?

Lmao, you are a sad creature.
    edited August 24
    I don't know if that "crying" remark was directed towards me, but I gave valid and constructive criticism for how to improve the game.

Sure, maybe my sarcastic comment about getting 11 FPS instead was unnecessary, but it's still the truth.

Daybreak have been doing a pretty damn good job with consistent updates, I do acknowledge that. I give them props! I just want this game to be the best it can be. :)
    GalabrexGalaxyBearzzMechAArmA
  • GalabrexGalabrex Reactions: 22Member
    Remember this H1Z1 forums is where we are suspose to critisize and critique the game with positive & negative , it's called feed back obvious we all enjoy the game or we would not be here 🙃 they see what we are saying .
    GalactixJR
  • WeekendWarriorWeekendWarrior Reactions: 81Member ✭✭
    The reality of releasing a game nowadays, especially a BR game is that there need to be updates and improvements every week. Personally I like the gameplay and it doesn't bother me when the game lags every once and a while (I grew up with worse lag).. for me it's keeping the game fresh and adding new guns/skins/modes and of course nerfing/buffing weapons.. during the beta they did all of this, with consistent content coming out each week.. so far after launch it has slowed down.. an example would be the hats that they force of characters to wear.. there's like 8 to choose from and they're all wack.. that's something super easy they can add to the game, along with other skins.. they recently released a marauder skin that was a copy and paste.. thanks for the free skin and all, but I'm sorry, that's lazy.. I want them to succeed and hopefully they can improve on this
    I don't know if that "crying" remark was directed towards me, but I gave valid and constructive criticism for how to improve the game.

Sure, maybe my sarcastic comment about getting 11 FPS instead was unnecessary, but it's still the truth.

Daybreak have been doing a pretty damn good job with consistent updates, I do acknowledge that. I give them props! I just want this game to be the best it can be. :)

In my opinion anyone who takes time to come on here and give any feedback cares enough to try and make the game better. A game is only as good as its community.
    GalactixJRMechAArmA
    Galabrex said:
    Remember this H1Z1 forums is where we are suspose to critisize and critique the game with positive & negative , it's called feed back obvious we all enjoy the game or we would not be here 🙃 they see what we are saying .

this is true, but people who get on and say "this update sucks" is not feedback
  • CohuCohu Reactions: 2Member
    Shotties and Snipers sounds like fun. Unfortunately, as many have already pointed out, the rewards suck. Battle pass medals??? Lame. As I am not a person with lots of wins I enjoyed being able to get the three silver crates during the scavenger hunt event. To me that or getting hard to get skins would be a better option for a reward.
    Cohu said:
    Shotties and Snipers sounds like fun. Unfortunately, as many have already pointed out, the rewards suck. Battle pass medals??? Lame. As I am not a person with lots of wins I enjoyed being able to get the three silver crates during the scavenger hunt event. To me that or getting hard to get skins would be a better option for a reward.
    I'm sure they will have future events to satisfy your taste.
    vhdustin said:
    Cohu said:
    I'm sure they will have future events to satisfy your taste.

Yes judging by the developer update today I think there will be many more events that come into the arcade. I have seen lots that they can take from the pc side of the game.
    vhdustin
  • ScalonScalon Reactions: 3Member
    This update broken my game!!!! I cant see anything. Fix this plz!