PS4 Developer Update

Add a Reply
LieutenantToastLieutenantToast Reactions: 560Community admin
edited August 24 in Announcements

H1Z1 Producer Terrence Yee and Lead Designer Mike Madden sat down to share some of the successes of H1Z1 on PS4 so far and thank the community for their support during Open Beta. They also reveal a few of the upcoming features headed to PS4 - including a new Arcade Mode, new weapons, new Challenges, and leaderboards!
vhdustinJapetchuviolentvoleMillman844thLibra95ExpazzMagwar

Comments

• vhdustinvhdustin Reactions: 75Member ✭✭
    good news!
    come on guys, all these negative comments are childish.  this constant whining and complaining is what is embarrassing. it is obvious (TO ME) that this team is working hard and there are a lot of people they are trying to please.  such an impossible task takes time and in the end, will never be accomplished.  this is a free game, you can choose to spend money if you want, but you know what you are getting at the point of sale.  so please stop bashing them. if this game is causing you so much grief and anger, I wonder why you would subject yourself to constant pain.
    4thLibra95Lawlesslawviolentvole
  • GalaxyBearzzGalaxyBearzz Reactions: 149Member ✭✭✭
    1. Sounds to me like you can't differentiate between whining and reality.
    2. This is not a free game.
    3. Lots of people work hard, doesn't mean they are successful.
    4. Myself and everyone on this forum has the right to say whatever they wan't about this game, if you can't accept that leave the forums.
    5. Nobody is in "pain" that's just a ridiculous statement. 
    6. Reality check, participation trophy's give our children a false sense of success. I refuse to tell these people they are doing a good job when they aren't. Their game is broken, they cant fix issues that have persisted since the pc version, their updates are dry, their networking is horrendous,  the game still crashes, they compile code to hide bugs instead of fixing them, and finally, just today they release a "developer update" which really should have been a "developer recap" because all it was; was two minutes of them telling you what they have already done, which is not an update at all. Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt, that privileged was reserved for beta. 

This hit the nail right on the head for me. Not even trying to be toxic but the dev update said that someone was working on huge pile of updates then said leaderboards would come with no image or anything? also it wont be coming till season 2.
    Ehre_Elite

6. Reality check, participation trophy's give our children a false sense of success. I refuse to tell these people they are doing a good job when they aren't. Their game is broken, they cant fix issues that have persisted since the pc version, their updates are dry, their networking is horrendous,  the game still crashes, they compile code to hide bugs instead of fixing them, and finally, just today they release a "developer update" which really should have been a "developer recap" because all it was; was two minutes of them telling you what they have already done, which is not an update at all. Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt, that privileged was reserved for beta
    I'm sorry but this IS a free game. free to download and play.  if you don't like the game, then don't play, this is pretty simple. I would not play a broken game.
    vhdustin said:

6. Reality check, participation trophy's give our children a false sense of success. I refuse to tell these people they are doing a good job when they aren't. Their game is broken, they cant fix issues that have persisted since the pc version, their updates are dry, their networking is horrendous,  the game still crashes, they compile code to hide bugs instead of fixing them, and finally, just today they release a "developer update" which really should have been a "developer recap" because all it was; was two minutes of them telling you what they have already done, which is not an update at all. Stop giving them the benefit of the doubt, that privileged was reserved for beta
    I'm sorry but this IS a free game. free to download and play.  if you don't like the game, then don't play, this is pretty simple. I would not play a broken game.
    Ya, Fortnite is free too. Its so free that it makes 126 million dollars a month. Don't be naive.
    I am far from naïve, my friend. people spend money on this and fortnite at their own volition.  to download and play both of those games costs exactly 0.00$ 
    i would say it's naïve to believe your negative post calling an effort to communicate "the absolute worst developer update I have ever seen" will get much done.
    It will get the same amount done as thanking them for their oh so wonderful work. Nothing.

this is true. so why would we do either one?
    Because this is America and we have the right to say whatever we want to?
    this is true, also, but I wasn't speaking legally.  you can choose positive or negative.
    MechAArmA said:
    vhdustin said:
    vhdustin said:

Ya, Fortnite is free too. Its so free that it makes 126 million dollars a month. Don't be naive.
    I am far from naïve, my friend. people spend money on this and fortnite at their own volition.  to download and play both of those games costs exactly 0.00$ 
    Unfortunately and fundamentally it is not exactly "free"  .  In a very simplistic vision maybe but in reality it isn't  .  
    Do you think the studio is working for free  ?
    Only people winning are earning content and Battle Pass users, this resume perfectly how their system work at this day . 
    Either you like it or not something that you paid or not should not be more tolerated more in a way than the other  , everybody has to provide a work, operational and functional . 
    Unfortunately that isn't actually the adjectives that can be used to qualify this game at this day .
    So unstead of throwing us the so elaborated "ITS FREE LMAO" try to point some facts  like we're doing actually when criticizing the game . 
    I will refer you back to my original post, in which I stated "you can choose to spend money if you want, but you know what you are getting at the point of sale." and on that point, they must take care of paying customers, all of whom range from casual to hardcore alike. trying to please every paying customer is difficult to impossible.  getting on here and having 90% of posts being negative and not pushing the game in a positive direction will not help. I know most who do are passionate about the game and that is good, let's not jump on them and spew disgust at every move they make.
  • GalactixJRGalactixJR Reactions: 92Member ✭✭
    I'm sad there was zero mention of massive FPS Optimizations. This will continue to hold this game back severely until it's fixed. Along with a huge list of other much needed QOL improvements. Unfortunate.
  • Fredswar1Fredswar1 Reactions: 88Member ✭✭
    The game is just so buggy and coarse in terms of how smooth it feels to play/run it. Seeing as how there are numerous F2P titles doing way better (such as fortnite),  pointing out the fact that it's a free game is no excuse for it's lack of content and  overall consideration for the community. Regardless of when H1Z1 may have came out,  it'll still look like a 2nd rate clone of PUBG and Fortnite's  concepts/gameplay to most eyes, including mine.
    MechAArmAEhre_Elite
    Fredswar1 said:
    The game is just so buggy and coarse in terms of how smooth it feels to play/run it. Seeing as how there are numerous F2P titles doing way better (such as fortnite),  pointing out the fact that it's a free game is no excuse for it's lack of content and  overall consideration for the community. Regardless of when H1Z1 may have came out,  it'll still look like a 2nd rate clone of PUBG and Fortnite's  concepts/gameplay to most eyes, including mine.
    and yet here you are. you start out positive enough, but then say it's a 2nd rate clone of PUBG.  from what I understand that game has issues of its own on XBOX that I am not privy to, as I only own a PS4.
    ns213